Ugly Potholes Be Gone!

I live in St. John's, Newfoundland - also known as the world's capital city of potholes. They're EVERYWHERE. All the time. So when I saw this, I thought it was absolutely brilliant.


Artist Juliana Santacruz Herrera saw that the streets in Paris were covered in potholes, so she came up with a way to decorate the roads in the city with strips of fabric. Different colours of fabric were placed in the shallow breaks and cracks in the cement to create a fun contrast from the dark grey streets. 














I love this idea. I think it would be a great addition to the streets of St. John's with our "jelly bean" row housing. Of course, this isn't a permanent solution to the potholes problem, but it is a super fun way to make them look pretty cool!



You could also take this idea a little further and use it at home. Have some cracks or breaks in your patio, sidewalk, courtyard, balcony, etc...? Fill it in with awesome coloured fabric!




If you like what you see  or would like to have some input , please comment or select a reaction - I really do appreciate the feedback!



2 comments :

  1. Hey Meghan, love the blog! I was wondering if you would ever think about doing a pink themed entry? :) I'd love to see what you can find for pink apartments!

    ReplyDelete

 

About